Re: heating my new garage/shop (long)

To: "Richard White" <rlwhitetr3b@hotmail.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: heating my new garage/shop (long)
From: "Stephane St-Amant" <steph71tr6@crosswinds.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 08:21:52 -0500
My neighbour just built himself a nice 24X36 garage (with a small bathroom
in one corner).  Ceiling and walls are insulated.  Heat source: Wood stove.

Two weeks ago I paid him a visit.  Outside temperature: -17C (~4F)  In the
garage: Toasty warm 21C (~70F)  What he does is startup the stove and crank
the temp up, Once the flame goes out, the garage stays warm for almost two
days (depending on outside weather).  Or you can add a log morning and
nights or nights only and keep the temp pretty much stable.  But for all
this to work you need good insulation first!

HTH, YMMV
Steph (the very jealous neighbour)
Ottawa, Canada
'69 Spit - Hers