Re: heating my new garage/shop (long)

To: "Richard White" <rlwhitetr3b@hotmail.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: heating my new garage/shop (long)
From: "Michael Marr" <mmarr@idcnet.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2001 12:19:46 -0600
I just installed (December) a 60,000 BTUH gas-fired unit heater (NOT
radiant) in my garage, which is about 800 sq ft.  Cost was about $1,000
installed.  I keep the garage at 50-55 degF during the week, which keeps the
cars ice free and a pleasure to start on these cold Wisconsin winter
mornings.  I set the temp up to 65 when I am working in the garage and it
comes up to temp very quickly.  The garage is insulated in roof and walls
and the doors are insulated.  Of course, I chose a time when gas went from
$2.25 /MMBTU at the wellhead to as much as $10/MMBTU to make this investment
in something that is, frankly, a luxury, but the gas bills have not
bankrupted me so far.