Re: Rotor and caps Question

To: david@dbrister.freeserve.co.uk, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rotor and caps Question
From: Chip19474@aol.com
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 12:22:02 EST
In a message dated 01-02-01 06:35:33 EST, david@dbrister.freeserve.co.uk
writes:

<< IMHO one should always have a spare rotor arm, points (I've had a set
 break up in use) and a condenser (once had one fail suddenly while
 setting carbs) in the glove box. That way it's not too difficult to get
 going again if the problem is not obvious and you don't have diagnostic
 kit. >>

Agree, agree...a set of points, rotor and cap are always part of my trunk
(boot) LBC spare tools/parts cache....learned that the hard way many years
ago when the points in my 1966 Corvair arc-welded closed after the condenser
failed - the engine came to an abrupt stop on an expressway - didn't have
spare parts but had some tools so I pryed the points apart, filed the peak
down, reset them by eyeball and got home....funny thing - I never had an
ignition related breakdown in any LBC I've owned....must be the threat of
spare parts that keeps the gremlins away:)

Cheers,

Chip Krout
'76 TR6 CF57822U (chassis finished - busy grinding & sanding the body - check
out my progress by visiting
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1270980)
'70 Spit Mk3  FDU78512L (tucked away for a long winter's nap)