Re: Rotor and caps question

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rotor and caps question
From: "David Brister" <david@dbrister.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 11:27:18 -0000
Steven Newell writes

>. The mounting the coil mount in a hot place on
the block is at best an optimistic location. I'm told long distance
rallyists mount it on the fender to reduce failure due to heat.<

FWIW I once did a long distance Rally in a 35 year old car. I carried a
spare distributor complete with points, condenser, cap, HT harness and
had a spare coil mounted next to the one in use.

The result was none of it was needed and the engine never missed a beat
in 11,500 miles!  This is a consequence of Dos's Law which is the
antithesis of Sod's Law.  (sometimes known as as Murphy's  Law).

David Brister.
1967 TR4A