Re: Manual for general knowledge.

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Manual for general knowledge.
From: Bill & Skip Pugh <anabil@caltel.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 13:46:06 -0800
>Yes Fred- There is a lot to be said for the guy who can say "I did that
myself" and you look over at a well done job.

>Sometimes it is not just insurance reasons
>they don't want you in the shop.
>
>BEFORE ANYONE YELLS! I do not accuse all mechanics of this type practice- I
>have just had a few experiences with some rather "questionable" problems

I am happy to be able to report that I have found a great mechanic,
who loves cars, loves to talk about them, loves to fix them, lets you
watch, and even showed me how to adjust valves.  He only deals with
the "best" subs (machine shops, radiator shops, etc) and knows who
they are.  He just finished the head on Casper, Stellite valves,
valve seats, bronze guides, etc, did a great job, even de-carbonized
the pistons, and insisted on changing the oil and filter "just in
case some stuff got down there" I compared the head work to a rebuilt
head from TRF, and this was cheaper, of course I had to pay labor for
removal and installation, which I did not feel comfortable doing
myself. So if you are looking for quality work in N. California, give
Outwest Auto, in Clements, CA a try...very small (wide spot in the
road) but very good.

--
Bill & Skip Pugh
Two@Home