Re: Manual for general knowledge.

To: "Alan" <alan@roverworks.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Manual for general knowledge.
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2001 00:29:41 -0600
>Your comments about mechanics are offensive and paranoid. Sure, there are
>bad mechanics, lawyers, doctors, priests and .....yes...customers.
>
>Why do you feel the need to pick on mechanics alone?

Because this is a car list.  Picking on bad priests and bad doctors would be
out-of-place here.

He did not say all mechanics are crooked.  He said some mechanics are
crooked.  That is true.  Like priest or doctors, bad mechanics may be
difficult for the layman to recognize.  A competent and honest mechanic is a
person to be prized and praised.

My vote goes to Brian Erickson at JAC Auto in Ramsey, Minnesota.  I submit
that when folks ask on these lists for honest and competent mechanics, that
listers will share their knowledge.

Remember, just because you are paranoid does not mean that SOME mechanics
are out to get you.

"It makes a nice noise when it goes faster"
- 4-year-old Adam, upon seeing a bitmap of Grandma Susie's TR4.