TR3 / 4 seat cushions

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3 / 4 seat cushions
From: "Brad Kahler" <brad.kahler@141.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2001 08:09:43 -0600
A while back there was a thread about the different heights of seat
cushions on the TR3's and TR4's.

I recently picked up a set of TR3 seats and springs and also a TR4
(early) seat and spring(s).

There is a definite difference in the height between the 3 and the 4.
The TR3 seat measures approximately 7" tall from bottom of spring to
top of spring in the front.  The TR4 seat measures 5" tall.

I was under the impression that basically the early TR4's used the
same basic seat as the TR3.  (with a few cosmetic differences)

The TR3 seats appear to be original although I can't prove that.  The
TR4 seat has definitely been recovered and the spring sets
themselves appear to be fairly new, almost shiny.  From what I
remember of the previous threads, the repro seat springs were taller
than the original ones.  If thats the case does that mean the springs I
have are originals?

Anyone have any definite info as to what height the TR4 seat springs
should be?  Are they supposed to be the same as TR3 seats?

TIA

Brad

My Triumph Web Site Http://www.141.com/triumphs (updated 12/12/99)
My Dodge Web Site Http://www.141.com/dodge (updated 9/17/99)

1951 Dodge 1/2 ton B3B pickup (being restored)
1953 Mayflower TT29490LDL (actually runs and stops!)
1957 TR3 based Devin F model
1957 TR3 Vintage Racer
1962 TR4 CT288L (being restored)
1962 TR3B TCF1564L (some day)
1964 Spitfire 4 BFC25720L (of Belgian decent)
1967 TR4A CTC58351L (AKA Freddy)