safe garage heating

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: safe garage heating
From: "Jay Snavely" <jays@paonline.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2001 09:32:38 -0500
I would like to add my comments concerning safely heating garages in cold
weather.  I do not think it is a good idea to heat an area where cars are
being worked on with a wood/coal stove.  Any sudden spill of gasoline could
have fatal consequences.  An earlier thread had a good point about not being
able to control/extinguish the heat source.  Personally, I use a kerosene
heater, about 23,000 BTU. For a larger garage, you could use a kerosene or
propane heater with an electric blower.  In either case, heat the area
first, and if you plan to work on the fuel system, or are using flammable
materials, extinguish the heater and let it cool off before starting to
work.  This should prevent any problems.

Jay
74TR6