Re: safe garage heating

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: safe garage heating
From: "Andrew H. Litkowiak" <andylit@voyager.net>
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2001 09:19:15 -0600
I realize this post is about existing structures, but I have a
suggestion for those in the early stage of building a garage.

In floor radiant!

If you live in a cold climate, you can run the interior up to 90F and
still have an ice cold concrete slab under you. Working for any
extended period is very taxing as your body heat leaches out through
your feet.

Put in water tubing and run a small boiler. It is incredibly efficient
and nice to sleep on when the wife exiles you to the garage (they
still haven't figured out that this is a great favor. 4 hours sleep, 4
hours turning wrenches :-)

Andy Litkowiak