Re: seized bolts!

To: rstirb@townisp.com, marks_fred@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: seized bolts!
From: Rikrock@aol.com
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2001 21:03:57 EST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
<< Aaarrgh!
 >I need some expert advice on how to un-do some badly
 >seized bolts in the front suspension of the GT6 frame
 >I'm disassembling, before I get a B.F.H. and start
 >banging away and break something!   ...etc.
 Regards >>

Hello,

I'm coming in a little late on this, and I'm not sure who posted the original
question, but if the goal is to remove the frozen a-arm bolts on a Spitfire
or GT6, I know from experience that even the best penetrating fluids rarely
work.  Those bolts get  bonded to the inner sleeves of the a-arm
bushings.....forget about it!

Use a hacksaw if it's all you have.  You will need one blade for each bolt!
A sawsall works best, though.  Cut through the bolt between the bushing and
the frame bracket.(you will make two cuts on each bolt)

Been there, done that!

Rich Rock
Pottstown, PA

(experience is what you get right after you needed it )