Re: TR7 BFH#52 - Failed emissions test

To: Eganb@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR7 BFH#52 - Failed emissions test
From: Bob Labuz <yellowtr@borg.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2001 18:48:31 -0500
Cc: Triumphs@autox.team.net, british-cars@autox.team.net, tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Bruce,

I am going to foward a little trick my california biker friends have but on the
brit iron list. What the triumph, bsa and norton bikers do is mix a bit of
alcohol with the gas. Easy to do on a bike not so easy on a car. I am not to
sure
of the ratios. What they do is add about 25% alcohol, i think and run it so it
gets to the carbs. They then go to wherever to get it checked. WHen it passes,
the go home and empty the gas/alcohol mixture and re-fill with just gas. They
claim it works every time. Maybe a listener has the correct ratio. So far in NY
dont have to deal with that problem yet either for my car or bike.

Bob Labuz

1958 TR3A
1974 T140V