LBC Philantropy/Club Legacy

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: LBC Philantropy/Club Legacy
From: William Hook <wghook@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2001 02:25:21 +0000
Dear listers...

The Tyee Triumph Club finds itself in a unique position of having a positive
balance in our operating fund.  ( No idea how this could have happened...
but...)  We would like to use it to promote general awareness of our cars and
establish some means of permanently continuing the Clubs' Legacy.

First of all... this is NOT a request to send in your wish lists.. (we already
thought of that idea)    We would, however, like to know what favorite
activities other clubs sponsor or use to promote interest in their LBCs.

Some of the ideas we are pursuing are:

1.      Establish a Scholarship/internship at a local Community College.  Jay
Leno
already has McPherson College in Kansas covered but what about others?

2.      Hold occasional meetings or tech sessions at Voc Ed or local CCs with
students and staff to show off the cars.

3.      Help sponsor a school group car in the History Channel Great Race?  Who
would we contact?

4.      Buy special equipment for a local VocEd or CC program?

5.      A local hospital gets the proceeds from the raffle of a restored classic
car each year at the county fair.   We might be able to help with that also..

These are a few of the ideas we have tossed around.  The activity itself
wouldn't have to be LBC related (IE  supporting a hospital or?) as long as we
have a chance to show the cars and credit our support.

We would appreciate any thoughts, experiences, horror stories or contacts that
other clubs or listers may have that would help us with this project.

Thanks in advance.
Bill Hook,
Tyee Triumph Club, Seattle