RE: Carpet, glue it or snap it?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Carpet, glue it or snap it?
From: William Hook <wghook@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2001 06:12:15 +0000
Susan.

don't glue it...  My PDO glued the carpet and pad down in my TR3..  When I had
the tranny and clutch worked on last fall this all had to be torn out and
stuffed back in place.   It will be well worth your effort to use snaps or
velcro when you want to check the tranny fluid, track wires or dry out wet
carpet after being caught topless.   Just last night I had to adjust the E
brake on my wifes' TR6 (with snaps... what a breeze to just pull the carpet
off of the tunnel).  Good luck

Bill Hook
57 TR3,  72 TR6