tr-3 off the frame

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: tr-3 off the frame
From: Gary Nafziger <naffy@netins.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 22:38:51 -0600 (CST)
Had excellant help by visiting a fellow tr man "mr.triumph" who already had
a tr-3 all apart in his garage.  I never could understand the inner sill
conection ect. on the tr.

Anyway I now have the body off the frame only in two halves........I feel
this will make it easier to handle......two halves can be turned all
directions to cut, weld,clean ect.  My floors were gone anyway and the inner
sills were shot.......making it almost imperitive to halve the car.

I am now looking at all the pieces I need to cut out and want some advice on
cutting tools........air nibbler??  metal blade in sabre saw?? air cut off
tool??  What works good to cut rust spots out leaving a nice clean edge that
one can cut replacement panels to fit.??

I have a small air cut off tool that so far has been worthless.......just
will not cut fast at all........am very unhappy with it......maybe too
small??  its a little odd wal mart brand....

thanks!!
                Gary, Frances Nafziger
                Box 25
                Wellman, Iowa