Re: tr-3 off the frame

To: naffy@netins.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: tr-3 off the frame
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 23:53:34 EST
In a message dated 2/7/2001 11:40:31 PM Eastern Standard Time,
naffy@netins.net writes:

> I am now looking at all the pieces I need to cut out and want some advice on

Gary,

I have an air powered hacksaw - cuts through sheet metal like a knife through
butter! I couldn't live without it. No need to waste money on special blades,
though. I just buy regular hacksaw blades and snap them in three pieces. They
fit in the blade holder perfectly, and save you a LOT of money. It cuts fast,
but blade life isn't very long. It'll cut up to 16 ga steel pretty easy, but
not good for much on metal thicker than 1/8 inch or so.

I cut an entire MGBGT in half not too long ago with it (it was beyond
salvage). Took about an hour or so, cutting crossways.

Dan Masters
Alcoa, Tennessee

Triumph TR 250 - TR6 Electrical Maintenance Handbook:
http://members.aol.com/danmas6/
Stuffing a V8 into a small British sports car:
http://members.aol.com/danmas/
MGBV8 Newsletter:
http://members.aol.com/danmas4/mgv8.htm