RE: Police TRs

To: "Adrian Dix-Dyer" <dixie4@wales.freeserve.co.uk>, "Will" <tr6@mac.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Police TRs
From: "David A. Templeton" <davidt@opentext.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 22:35:51 -0500
> Our American cousins will probably be wondering what a Panda car was?
> For their benefit it was the colour scheme of local police cars in UK.
> Originally all Police cars were black and someone had the bright idea to
> have white doors. Later versions were a greeny blue car with
> white doors. I
> believe it was a Ford colour Lagoon Blue. The Panda name struck. Nowadays
> local cars are white with yellow and blue reflective side panels
> and as they
> are mainly diesels the crooks can now see and hear them from far away and
> are long gone.

Ah and don't forget the "jam sandwich", being the ever classic white Rover
with the red reflective stripe down the length of the car about mid-height.

        David A. Templeton
        Open Text Corp.
        Waterloo, ON
        Canada
        WebSite: http://trandmustang.homestead.com

'74 Triumph SpitSix '66 Ford Mustang (Wife's)'66 Ford Mustang GT  '59
Triumph TR3a (Project) '99 GMC Safari '95 GMC K2500 Sierra