Re: Police TRs

To: tr6@mac.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Police TRs
From: "" <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2001 13:25:57 FILETIME=[D645D1E0:01C0929B]
>From: Will <tr6@mac.com>
>To: triumphs@autox.team.net
>Subject: Police TRs
>Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 23:13:06 +0000
>
>Over the years I've heard a few references to UK Police forces using
>TR4s, but I'd never seen a picture & don't recall seeing one. Just
>got the latest TRAction (TR register magazine) & it has a photo of a
>TR5 in Police livery complete with illuminated sign & light, (mounted
>on the Surrey top). I can't help thinking it would have been a tight
>squeeze for anyone they arrested.....

    Hell, that's what luggage racks are for... Or perhaps it's kind of
    like hunting season her in the states...

Would have been weird to see one
>pull over an MGB...

    I don't think so... as a matter of fact I'd pay good money to have
    that photo... Blown up on my garage wall... with a caption something
    like "Y' can't run, y' can't hide."

Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois       1962 TR4 (CT4852L)