frame off and welders

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: frame off and welders
From: Gary Nafziger <naffy@netins.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 22:43:59 -0600 (CST)
thank you all concerning the cutting tools that you found helpful!!  big
help and need to add some hand shears to my arsenal i think plus some
cutting discs to use on the angle grinder.  Also maybe an air or electric
sawsall/hacksaw might be nice.

the next order of business is welding.  was looking at the $180 wire at
harbour freight......discussed this with a friend and he suggested spending
more for something better.......Now I am some confused:

Which is considered best?? TIG or MIG?? Whats the differance?  I do think I
want a gas wire welder rather than gasless.  would love to only spend around
$200.  Is this possible??
                Gary, Frances Nafziger
                Box 25
                Wellman, Iowa