Re: More TR4 questions

Subject: Re: More TR4 questions
From: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 21:19:07 -0800
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Dietmar :

The 'tunnel' is for the speedometer cable when an OD is fitted.  On a
car with no OD (or with the later angle adapter) it serves no purpose.
Your plan sounds fine.

Sorry, I don't have a definitive answer on how much clearance is
required between the fan and radiator.  Depends on how much your engine
mounts deflect under hard braking.  TRF sells 'safety' brackets for the
earlier cars that should limit this to well under 1/2" ...

Randall
59 TR3A