Help w/Triumph TR6 year

To: <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Help w/Triumph TR6 year
From: "R. Ashford Little II" <ralittle2@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 13:53:13 -0500
I am in the market for a 1973 or earlier TR6 and despite a fair bit of
knowledge on these cars, I am undecided as to the year to purchase.  Here
are a couple of thoughts or questions.  1) I am aware that 1971 and earlier
cars had higher compression engines, but is that a big deal if the engine
will need a rebuild in the future anyway.  2) Looking for an overdrive car
but the A-type overdrives are harder to find than the J-types so a 73' might
be a better choice?  3) Are there unique parts to the 69' that might be
impossible to find?  4) Any other significant changes in the years 69-73?

Thanks in advance

RAL