tr4 cylinder head

To: vtr@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: tr4 cylinder head
From: "jim watson" <tallcaguy@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 15:53:37 FILETIME=[F9716B20:01C08B9D]
Hi -
I own a 1965 TR-4 and have a dumb question. Just blew a head gasket so
pulled the cylinder head to replace. Noticed that there is a semi circle cut
into the head around the intake valve. Is this stock? It puts a portion of
the head gasket into the combustion chamber and reduces the the amount of
cylinder head that actually traps the gasket. I ask all this because it's
clearly where the gasket failed on my engine.

Also are there any alloy, high perf heads available anywhere for this engine
(as for the B's and Spitfires)? Be fun to upgrade.

Thanks
Jim

[This message delayed, as it needed manual intervention by the list
administrator.  mjb.]