One way trips to Colorado

To: Scott Tilton <sdtilton@yahoo.com>
Subject: One way trips to Colorado
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 18:50:17 -0500
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by Scott Tilton
>I would think that a truckload of cars going from one point directly to
another
point (Say. . Denver  to D.C. for instance) would be a transporters ideal
situation.

Okay . . . Ive thrown that idea out there. . . Now Ill see if it can fly or
if it gets shot down.

<

We've looked into it before and if you figure $1.00 a mile for the load and
figure 1800 miles to DC and divide that by 6 or 8 cars and you still end up
with a rather stiff bill.  (add one way airfare to that and maybe the extra
time off is worth it???)

But the biggest problem is getting enough folks to commit.  Since this has
never been done before (at least amongst the Triumph crowd) there will be
some resistance to it.  Good luck.  I hope it flys.  I would love to ship
my car but haven't been able to overcome the obsticals yet.

Dave