Re: TR6 Trunk Lock

To: Robert.Dobrowski@jsf.boeing.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 Trunk Lock
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 13:32:36 EST
Robert,

I haven't tried this myself, but if you get to the point of desperation, you
may want to investigate it. Try removing the interior upholstery panel in
front of the gas tank, and see what you find. This is not hard to do (about
6-8 screws), and no harm is done yet. I *think* you can reach the trunk lid
hinge bolts and remove them, allowing you to raise the trunk enough to get to
the latch. You may even be able to remove the fuel tank if you're agile
enough to reach the bolts at the bottom of the tank. This leaves only the
upholstery panel inside the trunk in the way of the latch. Depending on how
desperate you are, you will have to punch this panel out (the screws are on
the other side), but then you can reach the latch. If you can't release it
from inside, you can remove it completely.

Like I said, I haven't tried this, but I would definitely remove the interior
panel and have a look-see before doing anything drastic.

Dan Masters
Alcoa, Tennessee

Triumph TR 250 - TR6 Electrical Maintenance Handbook:
     http://members.aol.com/danmas6/
Stuffing a V8 into a small British sports car:
     http://members.aol.com/danmas/
British V8 Newsletter:
     http://members.aol.com/danmas4/mgv8.htm