RE: New Tires

To: Bryce Milton <Bryce@Milton.com>, Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: New Tires
From: "Boothroyd, Frank" <Frank.Boothroyd@northatlantic.nf.ca>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 16:05:27 -0330
I'm glad Bryce started this tire posting.  I'm in search of new tires for my
TR6 too.  Couldn't decide on whether to go with the 205/70/15s that were on
the car when I bought it last summer, or the 215/70/15s that were also on
the car when I bought it.

Yep, my DPO was a tad eccentric when it came to tires.

So I'm going with the 205/70/15s because - thanks to Raymond's website - it
seems they're very close to the original 185s.

Now for my real reason for posting this post (other than to say thanks to
Bryce and Raymond and all the other folks who've commented): WHAT TIRE
PRESSURE?  Does one go with the pressures written on the glovebox door or
does one go with the pressures written on the tires?  That may be a dumb
question, but it ain't my first and won't be my last.  And I don't want to
err with air!
Cheers,
Frank

--- Tom Di Iulio <diiulio@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> folks,
>     this is a website I've bookmarked over the years that will allow you
> compare
> various size tires against each other and the effect it will have on your
> speedo reading.
> http://www.powerdog.com/tiresize.cgi
>     enjoy!
> Tom Di Iulio

Or you could always go to my website and forgo the math! ;) Look under the
Maintenance section and you will find charts of different sizes of tire that
are fairly close to original tire circumference on the TRs

=====
Raymond L. Hatfield
'65 TR4A IRS, O/D, SAH Tuned
'73 Stag