Re: New Tires

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: New Tires
From: jay_welch@juno.com
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 08:24:25 -0500
Hello All,

I'm using BFG 215/70 R15 Touring T/A (SR4) tires on original steel
wheels.  I checked with various charts and these seemed to be the best
fit for circumference and diameter originality.  Check TireRack and BFG
site. At full lock in both directions I have 1 inch clearance from the
anti-sway bar.  As someone else noted, some manufacturers do stray from
standards regarding size.  Price was right also - BJs, $256 for 4 with
coupon - mounting, balance, stems, old tire disposal.

Good luck,
Jay Welch - Abington, MA
Member "Cape Cod British Car Club"
1971 TR6 project
1973 TR6 driver threatening to be a project