Re: TR6 Real spring removal

To: "David Yip" <puppy_friend@yahoo.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 Real spring removal
From: "Chad & Ariane Jester" <ajester@kscable.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 23:52:36 -0600
David,

After you disconnect the shock link, remove the jack and slowly rotate the
axle.  There is a flat spot hidden by a rubber gaiter that you will feel and
see when the trailing arm drops another 1/8" or so.  That is all it will
take to get the spring out.  I've never had any trouble removing springs
using this method.  Even the new TRF springs go right back in.

Regards,

Chad
(just dug my '72 TR6 out of the barn tonight.....whoopee!!! it may run this
spring.)