Re: TR6 Real spring removal

To: ajester@kscable.com, puppy_friend@yahoo.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 Real spring removal
From: Chip19474@aol.com
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 10:01:33 EST
In a message dated 01-02-19 00:53:00 EST, ajester@kscable.com writes:

<< There is a flat spot hidden by a rubber gaiter that you will feel and
 see when the trailing arm drops another 1/8" or so.  That is all it will
 take to get the spring out.  I've never had any trouble removing springs
 using this method.  Even the new TRF springs go right back in. >>

Wow.....I wish I knew about that last February when I was tearing all the
stuff off the 6 chassis to start the restoration.....I never noticed the flat
spot even when I assembled everything back....great tip, thanks.

Chip Krout
'76 TR6 CF57822U (chassis finished - busy grinding & sanding the body - check
out my progress by visiting
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1270980)
'70 Spit Mk3  FDU78512L (tucked away for a long winter's nap)