Adjusting Konis

To: "JEREMY CHINN" <lagrue@hotmail.com>
Subject: Adjusting Konis
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2001 10:13:14 -0500
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by "JEREMY CHINN"
>I have Koni classics on the front of my TR6. Installed them about 15,000
miles ago, but only set them on the softest setting. I have decided now
that
they now need to be set on a harder setting. I remember that by removing
the
shock and twisting the shock body I can adjust the shock, but I cannot
remember how much. Does anyone on the list have the instructions that email

them to me? Thanks in advance for any help!
<

Jeremy,

I no longer have the instructions but as I recall the procedure is to
completely remove the shocks from the car, extend them fully, remove the
rubber bump stop (it may be necessary to free it from the detent in the top
of the shock with a small diameter screwdriver or the like), then
completely compress the shock to engage the adjuster mechanism.  At this
point you can adjust the firmness and the range is about two turns from
full soft to full firm.  Not terribly convenient if you are experimenting
on settings, I'm afraid.

Good luck

Dave