RE: GT6 Slotted Aluminum Wheels

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: GT6 Slotted Aluminum Wheels
From: Lee Daniels <DANIELS@alchem.chem.tamu.edu>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 15:54:05 -0600
>Doug Hamilton wrote:
>
>I almost bought a car fitting that description here in Calgary back in
>the fall. Red 70 GT6+ with 13x5.5 aluminum slots with the slots painted
>red. I know TVR used these rims as stock in the 70's they where made by
>Wolfrace in the UK.

In about 1976 I had a '69 GT6+ with marginal wire wheels; I was picking up
some parts at an import car wrecking yard (remember when those were full of
LBCs?) and the guy asked if I wanted some "mags".  He showed me the 13"
aluminum slotted mags on a GT6 and traded me straight up for my wires and
hubs.  They were definitely a popular style of the time.  The were
"Appliance" brand, but didn't have the small hubcaps (sporting a script
letter "A").  I ordered the hubcaps from Sears!

CAR NAMES:  going back for the last few years: "the Triumph", "the Pinto",
"the Spitfire", "the Z", "the Mazda", "the Maxima", "the MG", "the van",
"the TR6", "the Jag".  Hmmm, guess I've never been one to come up with a
name...

  Lee M. Daniels         Laboratory for Molecular Structure and Bonding
  daniels@tamu.edu                                 Texas A&M University
  '74 TR6  '88 XJ6                         http://acs.tamu.edu/~lmd1191