GT6 Slotted Aluminum Wheels

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: GT6 Slotted Aluminum Wheels
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 18:06:03 EST
Listers,
While were on the subject of wheels what in the heck is on this 70 GT6+ I
just aquired?  They are 13" polished Aluminum, 5.5" wide with 5 slots.  They
look like they belong on my old 68 Dodge Barracuda.  I do remember a guy at a
VTR National judges meeting trying to convince the judges that these wheels
were again " Dealer Optional".  He had them on his GT6.  I think the judges
ended up deducting for them.  What do you GT6 guys say?  Are we dealing with
Period Accessory? OH interestingly the inside of the slots are painted Signal
Red the color my 70 use to be.  Are these wheels worth anything?  They are
kind of rough and would require some work to use.  Thanks in advance for any
info.
Darrell Floyd
70 GT6+ (in pieces)
68 GT6+ (in pieces)