RE: Hackers that send viruses

Subject: RE: Hackers that send viruses
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 15:36:38 -0800
Cc: Triumph Newsgroup <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Just to play Devil's Advocate for a moment, I'd like to point out that at
least some viruses are written by kids as a prank.  Most of them are not
even particularly destructive, in spite of the 'official estimates' of
millions of dollars lost.

Frankly, operating a computer on the Internet without adequate protection
against viruses could be likened to having a swimming pool without a fence
around it, an "attractive nuisance".  At least part of the blame should fall
on those who make it so easy for viruses to propagate.

Randall - with my Nomex undies on !!!