1976 TR6 - Headers - HELP

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: 1976 TR6 - Headers - HELP
From: "Dennis N Culligan" <dncullig@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 16:29:04 -0500 #s MIAS4UTJ8H JPOS4U8UWQ CMCY4QLP6R |August 29, 2001) at 12/13/2001 04:29:12 PM
List -
      I'm sure there's folks out there who have put headers on their late-
model TR6s (mine's a 1976).  My mechanic ordered a set from BPNW
that we were told "fit very well", yet upon installation, it appears that
the
flange that bolts to the motor is angled wrong.  It's so far off that the
bot-
tom bolts aren't tight at all and yet the inside 2 pipes are already wedged
tightly against the oil pan.  If we just had to dimple the pipes to make it
fit,
we would, but both of those inside pipes would have to be hammered in
1/2 to 3/4 of an inch to clear the top lip on the pan..
    We're in the process of contacting BPNW and getting another set
shipped here, but on the chance that the new set looks like the one we
have, does anybody have any experience with headers from Moss or
other distributors? (I'm considering Moss first because I can get parts
from their New Jersey warehouse overnight).  I believe the one we have
is made (in Mexico) by/for Monza.  Thanks.

Dennis Culligan / 1976 TR6 - CF57948U - TR6IUMPH /
                                        DNCULLIG@US.IBM.COM