Re: difficult information wanted

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: difficult information wanted
From: Geo Hahn <geohahn@theriver.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 15:08:31 -0700
Lennart broekhof - SunPS ITops RSC4 wrote:

> This is going to be difficult, but if I do not try I'll never know.
> I have just bought a TR6 which was imported from California.
>
> Unfortunately it doesn't have the original license plates.
> It would be great to find the previous owner(s)...

FWIW, here is the link for the California DMV:

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/

I have had luck with another state providing info on prior owners.  In that case
the records only went back about 10 years but that was enough to pick up the
thread.

In that case the state was willing to provide (for a very small fee) copy of
titles & transfers with all info except for Social Security Numbers which were
blacked out.

I have worked with California DMV on one of my cars regarding something that
occurred 10 years ago and they were able to respond.  Not the same as your
situation, but led me to believe they can access back quite a few years.

Probably all you really need is to find one sympathetic (and not over-worked)
employee in the system.  Good luck.

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A
Tucson