re: difficult information wanted

To: lennart.broekhof@sun.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: re: difficult information wanted
From: "john matthews" <john__matthews@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2001 14:19:39 -0800 FILETIME=[E97AE030:01C18BFF]
>Hi There,

Hi,

>This is going to be difficult, but if I do not try I'll never know.
>I have just bought a TR6 which was imported from California.
>Unfortunately it doesn't have the original license plates.

California routinely changes license plates on older cars when they change
owners. It would be unlikely to find one with original plates unless
purchased from the original owner.

>It would be great to find the previous owner(s) and to see if I can get
>more information about my new car. eg. photo's etc.

Since you don't have the original plates wouldn't any picture of a similar
car driving down Highway 1 work :^)

>If you would like to see the car please have a look at:
>http://www.lagonda.com/Emerald/emerald.html
>Any info, hints or links would be help full !

You could try carfax.com to see if it was junked or had any accident damage
but I doubt they would put you in touch with previous owners.

>Also, I do not know where and if possible at all, I can get
>information based on the chassis number, like the organization
>that hands out the license plate registration numbers.

California DMV is unlikely to give out info about previous owners unless you
convince them you are a law enforcement agency. There is an anti-stalking
law that prevents them from giving out names based on license plate info.
I assume you already know about the build records at BMHIT.

>Fyi, the car was imported to Holland like many MANY other TR's.
>Back close to home :-)

OK....

>But this one is quite unique, so I hope that somebody can help me
>further.......

I looked at your website but couldn't see anything to make this car special.
Maybe if you could point out the "unique" features someone on the list might
have some leads. Also, California is a big state so what city the car came
from might help.

>Merry x-mas and a happy new year !

>Lennart Broekhof

Cheers,

John Matthews
'61 Herald (with original black and yellow plate)
'63 TR 4 (that didn't get sold to that guy from Holland who thought it was
only worth $2500usd)