Re: TR6 ring gear question

To: "Brad Eells" <bradlnss@lightspeed.net>, "Triumph Team. Net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 ring gear question
From: "elliottd" <elliottd@look.ca>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 21:05:45 -0500
When I was restoring my 1958 TR3A from 1987 to 1990, I noticed that my ring
gear on the flywheel had a few teeth that looked a bit feeble, so I bought a
used flywheel from the late Dave Geller, removed the good ring gear and put
it on my original flywheel.  I had to warm them up, first to get them off,
then to re-mount the good one on my flywhheel.  I have never had a problem
with this new old ring gear in the last 11 years (60,000 miles).

Don Elliott, Original Owner, 1958 TR3A
Montreal, Canada