Re: Tickets from police

Subject: Re: Tickets from police
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2002 17:30:34 -0600
Cc: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Anthony Rhodes wrote:

>I have to chime-in here.  I have been on the receiving end of a number of
>tickets.
>3 speeding tickets
>1 failure to stop at a stop sign.
>
>In all cases the cop was writing the offense up as he exited his vehicle.

......................etc

Well here's a little different take on this line of thinking.

I'm 65 years old. Over the course of my liftime, I have received 35 or
40 speeding tickets.

I deserved every one of them.

In every single case, the officer was courteous and professional.

I consider this form of civil disobedience to be a form of
entertainment, albeit expensive,  for if I had been given a ticket every
timefor every mile I have driven over the speed limit........well, you
get the idea.

The funniest one was the time I lost my license for winding out my 911
in the middle of the night, unfortunately to be clocked by the county
deputy. When I told my story in the Drivers' Remedial Instruction Class,
everybody in the room, including the instructor, insisted that I tell
them how fast I was going...........

Sorry, blatant speeders get no sympathy from me. You are all a bunch of
whining miscreants.......giggle

--

uncle jack - red, white, and New Blue