Re: Minilites vs. Panasports

To: Joe Merone <jmerone@rocketmail.com>
Subject: Re: Minilites vs. Panasports
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 13:03:59 -0600
Cc: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Joe Merone wrote:

> Greetings folks:
>
> In my 6 years on this list I don't seem to ever recall
> a good old fashioned overly long discussion string on
> the merits of Minilite vs. Panasport wheels.

I don't know what brand Moss is now selling, but I have owned K & N, purchased
from Victoria, and Panasports, purchased from Spruel Alfa (lowest price that I
could find in the country). If Moss is selling the K & N, you will find that
they
are quite heavy -- at least as heavy as the stock wheels and maybe heavier. The
Panasports are quite a bit lighter, which may or may not matter depending on the
use. My 6" Panasports on my TR6 rubb the upper a-arm when the steering is turned
against the stop in either direction, so the upper arm should be modified with a
grinder to prevent this.

--

uncle jack - red, white, and New Blue