Re: Minilites vs. Panasports

To: LaJoMor@aol.com
Subject: Re: Minilites vs. Panasports
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 16:11:55 -0600
Cc: jmerone@rocketmail.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
LaJoMor@aol.com wrote:

> Jack...first, what size tires are you running
>
> Larry M

Tires - 195/70 x 15 Goodyear GT+4. I like them fine. Speedo is about
right. The tires look nice and chunky. A little noisy, but not noticed
with all the other noises. The tire size has nothing to do with the
rubbing, of course.

and is it the tire that is rubbing the upper arm or the wheel????

It is the wheel. The shoulder against which the tire bead is mounted on
the inside (sorry for the lousy word picture) rubs on the outer edge and
outer bolt head of the upper rear a-arm.Or, described another way, if
you look directly at the face of the wheel, it is the vertical surface
immediately adjacent to the tire.  Not a difficult fix -- just use the
old 4" angle grinder and grind that bugger off at about a 45 deg angle.
Sure puts a nasty gouge in the aluminum if you don't do this. At least
on my car. Yours may be different -- I'd never accuse Triumph of
building them all alike...........

Still, I love the Panasports. By the way, they have two levels of weight
-- a "light" competition grade and a street grade. The light ones are
more expensive -- but when we weigh them, the weight comes out the same.
Go figure, as they say.

--

uncle jack - red, white, and New Blue