Re: TR3 Speedometer and Tach

To: triumphs@autox.team.net (List Triumph)
Subject: Re: TR3 Speedometer and Tach
From: pmmacy@att.net
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 21:30:32 +0000 orldnet.att.net>
Listers:
  Thanks to all who replied to my question about screw
diameter and thread pitch on speedometer and tach
mounting bolts.  They were indeed the "odd" metric size
of 5mm x 0.75.  Not much hope of finding an economical
die to chase the threads, but I did come up with a
metric thread file for 0.75 which cleaned them right
up.  I hope the threads on the smaller gauges are in
better shape, because I doubt I'll be so lucky with the
BA-3!
 --
Mark Macy
New Carlisle, OH