Re: TR-4 Stromberg Piston

To: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: TR-4 Stromberg Piston
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 09:57:21 -0600
Cc: Scott Tilton <sdtilton@yahoo.com>, "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
David Massey wrote:

> Message text written by Scott Tilton
> >I was tinkering with the TR-4 again after a drive around the neighborhood.
>
> I noticed that the pistons in the Zenith Stromberg carbs don't raise
> equally
> when I open the throttle.
>
> A quick check with a Unisyn tool shows equal suction at idle on the front
> and
> the back carbs.
>
> Any thoughts on what I should check?
> <

Oftentimes this is because of the adjustment of the two arms on the center carb
linkage shaft.

Notice that the throttle linkage is connected to the center shaft. Then notice
that its motion is transmitted to the carburetors by two small arms on that
shaft, that have little nubbins that fit into slots on the carb linkage. It is
at
this point that the mis-adjustment often occurs. Move one of the arms so that
the
nubbins contact the edge of the carb linkage slot at the same time.

Gosh, that's the best I can describe it, but I'm not sure I would understand
what
I said.

--

uncle jack - red, white, and New Blue