TR6 Speedo dismantle

To: Pete & Aprille Chadwell <pandachadwell@mac.com>
Subject: TR6 Speedo dismantle
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 18:28:47 -0500
Message text written by Pete & Aprille Chadwell
>How do you open the speedo up so that you can have access to the
space behind the dial face?  Or should I just live with it.  After
all, I don't use my high-beams that often.
<

The first thing is to remove the lense.  To do this (this has been covered
here but in case you missed it....) twist the chrome ring until the tabs
line up with the spaces in the case.  I have found that prying up on the
tabs a bit will help break it loose so that you can twist it.

Next remove the odo reset shaft.  It just presses on so all you have to do
is pull it.

Now remove the two screws that hold the mechanism to the back of the case
and it will drop right out (so be carefull).

Have fun

Dave