TR6 question for the group

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 question for the group
From: Michael Grey <msgrey@ucdavis.edu>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 11:55:55 -0800
I have a 73 TR6. The car runs great and I'm currently using it as a daily
driver in the Sacramento, CA area. Recently I noticed that when I start the
car and 'gently' back up or pull forward something towards the rear of the
car feels like it 'breaks-free' (sort of like it was initially
binding/frozen). I think its coming from one of the wheels but could be the
differential. This only occurs when the car has been sitting for an
extended period of time (like overnight). Once I start driving the car it
does not reoccur and the car drives fine. Is this the harbinger if bigger
problems to come? I put the car up on a rack at the local service station
to check the u-joints and did not notice any excessive play. The drive
shaft was recently rebalanced with new u-joints so I do not think that was
the problem. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks
Michael Grey
73 TR6 CF4828U 140K