Re: TR genuine original factory Radio

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR genuine original factory Radio
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 22:16:58 EST
In a message dated 1/21/2002 4:42:57 PM Eastern Standard Time,
ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM writes:

> But I believe the panel work was present on all cars (after some point,
> don't know offhand what), not just those fitted with radios....TS39781LO
> has the cutout, under the quarter
> panel, but no indication that anything was ever mounted in it, before I put
> a speaker in the hole.

Something tells me that this little "cutout" was not present on the
post-60000 cars, but it's too late and cold for me to run out to the barn to
check. But the cutout on the earlier cars certainly did look like a perfect
speaker hole, which in turn made me wonder why the "official" Smiths
Radiomobile mount was a right-below-center-of-dash stand incorporating a
speaker? I had one of those mounts many, many years ago, picked up "NOS" at a
flea market. But I never at the time could find a proper Smiths Radiomobile
set to put in it, so the mount was later sold to a fellow enthusiast with
more resources (some of which compensated me nicely, as in excellent "return
on my investment").

--Andy Mace

"There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this
line." -- Oscar Levant