Pull My Finger

To: "Hugh Fader" <hfader@usa.net>
Subject: Pull My Finger
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 20:54:47 -0500
Message text written by "Hugh Fader"
>I just bought a finger pull for the glovebox lock on my TR6. I am hoping
eliminate the leather lace that the previous owner tacked on so that the
darn thing could be opened. I'm having some trouble fitting this thing. It
looks like I will have to enlarge the hole for the lock about 1/8". I would
like to avoid doing this. Anybody have any tips on installing the finger
pull? Better yet, anybody have any tips on making the glovebox open easily
without the finger pull? Other TR6's I have seen have a similar problem.
<

That was one of the "advances" when they updated the TR4 design to make the
TR6 - they eliminated the finger pull.  This is a continuing source of
agrivation.  There is a rubber bump stop for the cubby box door that if
adjusted just right will pop the door open when the button is pushed but it
doesn't stay adjusted very long in my experience.

Yes you will have to open up the hole to fit it and it isn't just a larger
hole.  If you can study a TR4 door and you will see.  Perhaps there ia a
wood working shop locally that can do the chore for you.

Cheers and good luck

Dave