re: TR6 with cracked rotor?

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: re: TR6 with cracked rotor?
From: HAMILTON DOUG <douglasehamilton@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 21:46:10 -0700
You might try putting some die-electric on the shaft of the ditributor
before installing the new rotor.
I don't remember who showed me this trick years ago but after breaking
the electronic pickup on my Chev 1/2 ton while trying to take off it's
rusted in place rotor I remembered this trick. Its supposed to prevent
the problem I had and give you a small margin of protection when your
rotor cracks. I know it would have saved me hacksawing and chiseling the
rotor off my truck it seemed like it was super glued in place.

Doug Hamilton
1960 TR3A
1963 Fiat Cabriolet