RE: TR6 with cracked rotor?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: TR6 with cracked rotor?
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 15:30:22 -0800
> I don't remember who showed me this trick years ago but after breaking
> the electronic pickup on my Chev 1/2 ton while trying to take off it's
> rusted in place rotor I remembered this trick.

Chevies are famous for rusting under the rotor, I don't know why.  However,
it shouldn't be a problem on a TR, since you're supposed to pull the rotor
every 7000 miles or so (basically every tune up) and put a few drops of oil
under it.  The oil seeps down to lubricate where the point cam rides on the
shaft, and the centrifugal advance pivots.

Of course, everyone does this, right ?

<g>
Randall