Hayden electric fans (TR3A)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Hayden electric fans (TR3A)
From: Popnglo@aol.com
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 06:47:52 EST
Does anyone have any experience with these electric fans installed onto a
TR3A. I've been thinking of installing one, since I have the nose off for
other reasons, but I thought I'd check before I shell out the bucks.

For the most part it runs cool, about 185 degrees. There are no other cooling
related accessories installed, (i.e.: oil cooler, etc.). It does appear to
have a repo (older) grill, since the spacing in the grill is somewhat smaller
than the original (as reported by Teri in one of the VTR monthlies). There
are times in the summer, when sitting in traffic that the temp does creep up.

Is it generally felt that this accessory is beneficial and worth the money?

TIA, Best Regards,
Ed '58 TR3A