TR3 Generator to Alt converstion question

To: TRlist <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3 Generator to Alt converstion question
From: Pat Leask <pleask@shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 16:29:33 -0800
I have decided to convert my TR3 form Generator to Alternator. I know there are
lots of good articles on doing this, and I have the overall concept fairly well
in hand (we will see !).

What I'd like to ask you all is what Alternator (Car and model) should I use as
a doner ? My MAIN concern is what one will best fit the wide pully I have to
take off the Generator. And any tricks in fittng the pully to the shaft of the
new alternator.

I'd like a metal back end rather than plastic as it is close to the manifold
and of course something that fits the bolt patter.

Thanks !
Pat