RE: What is this?

To: "R. Ashford Little II" <ralittle2@mindspring.com>, <twgeiger@hiwaay.net>, "'TR6 list'" <6pack@autox.team.net>, "'Triumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: What is this?
From: "Eric Conrad" <conrade2@MSN.COM>
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 13:45:10 -0700 FILETIME=[B49D8AC0:01C28767]
Ashford,

I'm puzzled that you believe these to be only from replacement panels.  I
wrote earlier that two TR6's that I've have knowledge of had these same
holes.  My guess was that they were to aid the sill in drying should the
become wet inside.  I can guarantee that my TR6 that I did a frame off
restoration of did not have replacement panels anywhere.  I cannot make the
same guarantee about the parts car that I tore apart with friends, but it
also had the same hole in the same place.  My TR6 is a 1976, and the parts
car was a 1971.

Am I completely off base here?

Eric Conrad
'76 TR6  (CF52678U)