RE: What is this?

To: "R. Ashford Little II" <ralittle2@mindspring.com>, "Triumphs@autox. Net" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>, "6-Pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: What is this?
From: "Jon" <triumph@bigolbear.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 06:34:09 -0500
It looks similar to what this person describes in his TR6 restoration- a
scuttle vent.
http://members.visi.net/~kohout/bodywork.html
from the site: "The factory has the scuttle vent draining directly into the
cavity between the fender and the inner panel. I think this is what caused
most of the damage to the rocker panel and fenders. I am going to install a
longer drain hose and have it extend through this grommet so it drains under
the car."

"Any drive you don't return from on a tow truck was a good one..."
Jon
'77 (mostly) 1500 "Ol' Yeller"
FM66043 7U
Nass #104